Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hagseum of Idaho

Rich and I thought it would be a fun family night to go to the museum of Idaho. It was the Titanic exhibit. So, i hyped the kids up all day telling them about this huge ship that sunk in the ocean, (i left out Rose and Jack though, i didnt want him to cry as hard as i did when i first saw their story.) He and Lane were genuinely excited to see things that had been brought up from the ocean. I diligently check the hours, open till eight, we were in the clear. Rich gets home, showers does his thing. I load the kids pack camera fruit snacks, stroller etc. load kids. drive 12 minutes or so to Idaho Falls. We park in front of the building. being the process of unloading the kiddies, putting on jackets getting out stroller, convincing Lane that he doesnt need to take toys in with him. blah blah... all the while this museum worker lady is smiling politely watching us like 3 feet away from the door as we crawl our way to the doors I glance at the time, note its 7:02 awesome time. She then (all while smiling) says im sorry we are no longer selling tickets. The total exhibit takes an hour to walk through. I said are you kidding? and she (all while smiling) said no. I gently reminded her that my children cant read and have an attention span of the length of the average commercial and we will be through in 45 minutes tops. she ignores me, asks me if I am from Idaho falls and i said no. thinking this would sway her and let us in. she smiles (surprizingly) and says oh well take a brochure then. Im like, oh thanks yeah this has the hours on it. and yep it says your open till eight... yep hagseum of Idaho. so we ended up at Walmart who is ALWAYS open. and bought Bolt to try to stop the weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth that was going on from not seeing the sucken ship parts. note: lane sneaking off in the back of the picture. it took me two minutes to find him. I peed alittle i was so scared. Luckily we found him next to the plungers he was using it like a sword.


12 comments:

Bryce Burger said...

I would have been so mad! I love it that you always leave me comments. I miss you like crazy, wish our kids could play and whine together!

Jamie said...

sorry linds that last comment was from me, I didn't realize I was logged into bryce. just to clarify you didn't have some stalker

Jess and Tom Francom said...

Lame! And yes Linds, you are a good comment leaver! (Is that a word?) Anyway, my son LOVES Bolt, but he calls it Both.... don't know why. He is constantly talking about Penny though. Pretty cute movie!

angie said...

What a butt! I saw that exhibit in Utah like 5 years ago and it was awesome. We should go together. I have been trying to drag Vince to it, but he is afraid Cal might shoot him or something.

Brad and Rebecca said...

oooh, how did you keep your cool?

Cari Payne said...

Oh my Gosh..what a day! I would seriously wanted to punch that lady!:) Bolt is adorable though! I hate when kids sneek off! We need to get together! Luvs

Andrea said...

Total hagsuem! What a loser, you should have asked to speak with her superiour. BTW LOVE the AE shorts.

Cunning said...

I'm kind of glad that you didn't wet you pants in wallmart.

Kent/Sue Adams said...

I am glad that everyone else has days like mine and that it doesnt just happen to me! I swear that you finaly get the family ready and out the door, and then you think to your self why in the hell do I even do this!!!

The High Family- said...

I am impressed that you took them at all. We live in IF and haven't even braved it with 3 kids. You are a superstar. I think we need to go to dinner to catch up. I'll call ya this week.

angie said...

Um, Lindsay? GET YOUR COMPUTER FIXED! WE MISS YOU! How will I ever know what you are doing. Oh, I guess I could call you, but that seems to easy. ♥ ya!

Johnstons said...

I would have been fuming and asked for a manager. The nerve of some people! We need to catch up. Love you Linds. Your babies are so beautiful. =)