Every year Rich and I send out Christmas cards. And every year I hate it. I feel like its not christmas if I dont do it. You know like how you have to buy santa claus paper to wrap the things santa brought. Or how you have to put oranges in the bottom of the stocking to make up for the extra space. Or how you have to make christmas casserole the night before so its perfect the morning of. All the little things you do, that you hate doing every year but you feel like if you dont youre not being a good "santa-mom" Well this year I took alittle victory of my own.
Instead of the usual fretting over getting the picture JUST RIGHT, (aka everyone looking, smiling, being "hands quiet" as rich calls it, making sure rich's double chin doesn't show, making sure my love handles are tucked in (kidding, i don't have thoes!) and no one is picking their nose. I decided to chose this grainy, frankly terrible picture (Rich's eyes aren't even open) to send out to all of our family and friends. It is my way of sticking it to the man. I think I am on a roll. I might not even use Santa paper this year. take that MAN.


9 comments:
I LOVE IT! I totally went through this yesterday. I got the kids all dressed up, hair done, no crusteaz on the chins, and all the pictures were terrible. There is actually one of hand reaching across the kids to save the Christmas tree from falling over because Brooke just couldn't keep her hands off it. My shirt was actually wet with sweat when all was said and done. And nothing good to show for it. I believe I will use one of our "not so good" pictures as well.
You are such a rebel. So who is this man?
Hey, I'll do ya one better lil' sis...I'm considering not even sending out a Christmas card! Take that DOUBLE man!!!
ya seriously, what kind of grown man wears a velvet red suit, puts strange kids on his lap, and eats everyones cookies. jerk. seriously, you're the only one who hasn't blogged about BF 09. Did it not mean as much to you?
Thanks a lot! You know what? Just cross me off your friends list!! That's ridiculous!
Seriously I Love you! Especially the Double chin and side rolls all tucked in..for me atleast! I Love this time of year but some days I despise it!! Anyway..I actually think that pic is adorable! We need to get together soon babe! Luvs :-)
I saw you leave me a comment and am so excited you got a new computer!! Your Christmas card is the best. I better get one and I'm putting it in the front. Can we go to dinner sometime soon? I need a good, tears-a-rollin' belly hurting laugh that can only be delivered by Rich and Lins.
Hi Lindsay! It's been FOREVER since we've seen you! I LOVE your post! I've decided that as long as there are a couple of presents under the tree (having the tree decorated is optional!) that everyone is happy. No one remembers what paper you use or for that matter what you even received a couple months later! I love the picture! Hope you guys are doing well.
Was delighted by your card today (our first one of the season you over-achiever!) Fun to hear the story behind it. Way to keep it real, but be careful where you stick that man?!? I'm sure that Rich has had a hay day with that phrase already. Don't worry-your imperfect Christmas card is front and center in our living room-we're not judging.
Post a Comment